looking for Character Animators for an exciting new CG Television series for DreamWorks. This series calls for animators who can bring life and personality to a variety of characters in both action and comedy. We are looking for curious and creative animators willing to think outside the box to find new ways of approaching animation. You should thrive under pressure, work well in a team environment and are passionate about storytelling.
What We Need:
• Innovative CG animation that inspires both our teams and our audiences and that meets creative direction.
• A desire and ability to explore and animate primary and secondary characters deeply in order to create performances that are unique and outside the box.
• Skill and aptitude in computer graphics animation. Traditional animation experience an asset but not critical.
• The ability to find a good balance between creativity and efficiency – top creative work balanced with the needs of production to meet deadlines and technical aspects. • Able to work with directors and supervisors to accept and incorporate notes and feedback.
• Proactive in meeting deadlines, quotas and schedules.
• Where necessary, active in dailies and reviews of WIP.
• Strong and clear communication skills and an ability to work with, and interact with production, supervisors and other team members and departments to problem solve and help deliver shots. Your Experience, Talents and Abilities: • 2-3+ Years of TV / Film production experience as an animator.
• Proficiency in Maya.
• Able to animate the shots showing an understanding of the different character personalities, acting and character and environment interaction. • Strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Life drawing with a strong knowledge of human anatomy, physical motion, form and balance a bonus and definite asset. • A strong understanding of the principles of animation